Thursday, July 16, 2009

Our Visit with Kevin!

As most know, my brother Kevin has been in Iraq for the last 15 months, and we hadn't seen him in over 2 years, so we were SOOO EXCITED for our visit from Kevin. He was 9 when I graduated from High School, and we hadn't spent a whole lot of time with him in the last little while, so it was so nice to hang out and get to know him even more. I still remember my sweet baby Kevin who loved to let me snuggle with him. I loved being the little mama to him! We're so grateful to have him back, and for him to have made it through 2 deployments....safe.



Fafa and Punkin came to see him on Tuesday. We always love to see them, and it was nice for them to reconnect with Kevin.



Wednesday, Kevin and I decided to load up the kids in the car and drive the APACHE TRAIL. It's just about 100 miles in a loop that takes you through some beautiful Arizona country. There was a 22 mile stretch that was a dirt road, and a single lane at times. It was SO COOL! The views were stunning. It was a great thing to do on a hot day. I tried to sell Arizona to Kevin at least a dozen times along the way! We'd love to have him live down here.......hint hint!!



We stopped at one of the lakes along the way. The kids had a ball throwing rocks in.



I headed up to a bathroom....and when I got back.... the impromptu swim had begun!



Owen LOVED the water, of course - he's our little fish!





It was a long drive, going quite slow most of the time, but WELL WORTH IT for the views!!



We hit the pool a few times, and enjoyed lots of Kevin's FINE cooking! It was a great visit. We loved having him here and the long hours of chatting. He'll spend the rest of his leave in Seattle and then head back to Tennessee. We hope he enjoys his time to relax!! WE LOVE YOU KEVIN!

2 comments:

Jesmyluk said...

PD & I took the kids on that drive in Feb. It was spectacular! The views the scenery. Just magnificent. I'm so glad you got to see your brother.

Michelle said...

So fun! Makes me feel old though .. shouldn't Kevin be about Porter's age?? :) I'm glad you guys had a nice visit!