Sunday, June 10, 2007

We've Been Shot!!!

It's been a busy week here at the Mitchell household. We spent lots of time playing at the park and enjoying being kids. We got our new library cards and signed Porter and Tess up for the summer reading program. Wish them luck as they work to earn things like a pass to the zoo or a Cold Stone gift certificate and lots of other fun stuff! We also got Porter registered for some swimming lessons. Tune in starting July 9th for updates on that. He'll be in a daily class for two weeks starting then. It should be fun!

Little Owen met his new doctor and was not too pleased about the shots he recieved this week. He howled, but took it like a trooper. Porter, on the other hand, howled worse when he received his Kindergarten shots the next day. At times like those, I wonder how on earth my mother did this with 5 children!!! Needless to say, Owen weighed in at a whopping 16 lbs 5 oz. Our children never fail to pull in big numbers on the scale! Porter survived and is looking forward to waiting a LONG time before he has any other shots.

As for Tess.....or shall I say, "Messy Tessy", she's had a usual week for her - full of teasing everyone, bullying Porter, kissing Owen and running the show here at home. She truly has complete control of us! I can't quite decided if we've been blessed to have our only girl be our middle child as well. We've been double hit! A few days ago, things got quiet and I went searching for her - only to find her stripped down naked and sitting on the toilet. I looked at her and she said, "I go potty!." So, I took her off and we started potty training. We'll see how long this takes. Wish me luck!

Brandon and I are doing well in our roles as referees and crowd control. We love the chaos that we've brought to our lives with these little ones and look forward to the new things that happen everyday.

1 comment:

Stephenie Welch said...

I might miss all of you very much. Mom and kids should pack up and come visit. Dad can come to...but someone has to stay and pay for the trip!!